Monday, October 25, 2010

Note Pad

    For this assignment we had to design a note pad. the target audience we were needing to reach was high school students. At first I had a little bit of trouble coming up with things because I was trying to stay away from all the different clicks that are in all the high schools. I eneded up putting all the clicks on my web and looking at some of their similarities to think of some designs.
 
  The design i ended up going with was paint splatters and blobs. One of the reasons i went with this is because I felt like it was something that can interest anyone, not just one group of people. Another reason why I choose this is because it seems like a lot of clothing and other products have you see some form of paint splatters on them. The paint is either the main focus, as the background image, or just put randomly on the substrate. I found my images in the Illustrator library.

  Finding a font that matched was not a very easy process. I tired out about thirty different fonts before I came to my final decision. I did not want the font to be a crazy font or one that would take away from the attention from the design. I figured a more settle font would be the best one to choose so that there would be no clashing. I wanted the design to do all the attention grabbing.
 
   After seeing all the different designs I felt like mine was a little boring, But then I thought about it and I would not want to have to much going on on the note pad. I would feel like it was taking away from what the person was actually writing on the paper. At the end of the day I was happy with the way it turned out and would not of changed anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment